As long as your animals have been synced or uploaded to Breedr in the past, you can add carcass information against them and it will show in your carcass report.
Please ensure that when uploading carcass sale data that you have moved the animal off-farm first if an "Off movement" is required
This will allow you to approve the movement in the regulatory page for doing movements to BCMS through Breedr. Uploading the carcass data first will just mark the animal as dead and move to archive, which does not send the movement to BCMS.
See our video guide on how to prepare your carcass data for upload
See our short video on how to separate your grading in excel
See our video guide on how to upload your data into your Breedr account
Step by step guide
1. Once logged into the web app, at the left hand side click into Import Data.
2. Next, click Custom import.
3. Select Financial.
4. Select Carcass Sale.
5. Select Upload File (this must be a CSV. file type).
6. Select your CSV. file and click open.
7. Press next once you have uploaded the file.
8. Match up the headings with the data by clicking in the drop down box.
(tip!): Price = Price Per KG and Value = Price Per Head.
Note: You can click 'match columns' to do this automatically, the headings will only match if they are exactly the same as the ones in our system.
Note: Headings marked with an asterisks (*) are mandatory, and must be selected in order to finish the upload - The mandatory fields for carcass data are: passport number, activity date, lot number, kill number, grading, cold weight & buyer.
9. Match all the mandatory headings up and any extra headings you may want to add.
Note: Please separate the grading into grading & fat score and have the grading in a separate column. (Please see the video above on how to do this).
Note: Match the information you have with the drop down headings. If there is information that isn't relevant, you can leave this as 'IGNORE'.
10. Once you are happy press finish upload.
11. You should see this screen once you have successfully imported the data. If the banner is red, there has been an issue with the upload. It will inform you of the problem.
View your data in your Carcass Report
Now you have uploaded your data, you can then view this in your carcass report in the reports section of the web app.
Please allow a minimum of 1 hour for the data to upload and the report to populate with the new data.
Need some help? Use the chat window to your right on web or the help button on mobile, call our customer support team on +44 (0) 3300 436327 or email support email@example.com